Thursday, June 29, 2017

Inscrutable Ways

Inscrutable Ways


You do so many many things that leave us wondering. We don't understand Your actions; they baffle us. And we hurt. But You are God: the infinite, glorious, almighty, good God. And of course we, with our finite and darkened minds, can't understand You. Forgive me for resenting and resisting Your inscrutable ways. You told us from the beginning that You are inscrutable and Your ways are beyond our ability to sort out. And You said from the outset that Your people live by faith and that faith is what allows us to draw near to You. Ah, Lord, I humble myself under Your mighty hand. "Lord, I am willing to receive what You give, to lack what You withhold, to relinquish what You take, to suffer what You inflict, to be what You desire." I don't need to understand, but I can, and by Your grace I will, trust. 



(This is #2 of several brief meditations on God's titles and character. Here's the first one, if you missed it and you're interested.)

No comments: