Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Great Physician

The next several posts will be short meditations on one particular title (who He is) or character trait (how He is/what He's like) of God. In answer to a text requesting prayer, one of my friends sent back a list of names/attributes of God. Over the next several days, I used that text as a prompt to help me focus on facets of God's nature and to ground me in truth/reality. Sharing some of those short, personal meditations here.

Great Physician 


You are the Great Physician: the I Am who heals us (Ex.15, Ps.103, Hos.6). You know everything there is to know about our bodies, our brains, our emotions, our social aspect, our souls, and the complex interworkings of each of these parts that make us human beings. You made us, and You know us. You were there when we took that terrible Fall that broke us so badly, and You are perfectly aware of the exact impact that the brokenness, pain, sin, and darkness has for each one of us. You have diagnosed our condition with absolute accuracy, and You have prescribed a course of treatment that will sustain us through even the hardest of days and lead us to final healing. You have the cure. And You are the Cure. You are my attending Physician. You are overseeing every detail of my case; You know my entire history thoroughly. You are inherently trustworthy, and You have prescribed a regimen that takes everything into account and will take me in the right direction. Great Physician, thank You. I believe that You know what You are doing. I am confident in Your wisdom and ability. 





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked how you said,"he knows my entire history thoroughly." No matter how close a friend or relative, no one knows us that well, except God! Great truth to remember. -Candice